Thank you everyone for the wonderful response to our two sessions of Community Writes! We look forward to keeping in touch with our talented community of writers. Please see selected works below.
Part I Selections:
- Don’t Come in Here by Anonymous
- Unlocking My Muse with Benjamin Moore by Lynn Rothenberg
- 1968 – The Best of Times and the Worst of Times by John Fiorillo
- Crazy Bob by Barbara Iuviene
- Cars by Carolyn Kirsch
- People Need People by Michele Steckler
- Something to Cry About by Holly Kritsch
- Menu Cards and Green Gravy by Sarah McWilliams
Part II Selections:
- Holding On by Dominique De Vito
- Millie’s Star by Ann Strohmeier
- Roots by Barbara Iuviene
- Bouncing on Beautyrest by Lynn Rothenberg
- Dark Space by Steven L. Gilger
- Outcast (5’s a Crowd) by Susan Pohlmann
- It’s Late by Bob Heller
- Sympathy for the Devil by C. Doyle
Many thanks to the team of reader-curators and prep volunteers: Lynda Araoz, David Cudaback, Allan Davidson, Barbara Deisroth, Vivian Drohan, Carol Essert, John Fiorillo, Kelly Kynion, Sara McWilliams, Maryann Wong, and one reader who chooses to be anonymous.
Note: The community writing which appears here is for literary purposes. Views expressed are personal, belong solely to the authors and do not represent the views of the Academy, board members, membership or staff. Works were submitted anonymously to our volunteer judges, and appear here with permission of the authors, who received no compensation.
Pictured above Brighton Beach Benches by Gerald Seligman, archival photo.