Thank you everyone for the wonderful response to the first two sessions of Community Writes!
Please see selected works below.
Fall 2020 selections:
- Holding On by Dominique De Vito
- Millie’s Star by Ann Strohmeier
- Roots by Barbara Iuviene
- Bouncing on Beautyrest by Lynn Rothenberg
- Dark Space by Steven L. Gilger
- Outcast (5’s a Crowd) by Susan Pohlmann
- It’s Late by Bob Heller
- Sympathy for the Devil by C. Doyle
Summer 2020 selections:
- Don’t Come in Here by Anonymous
- Unlocking My Muse with Benjamin Moore by Lynn Rothenberg
- 1968 – The Best of Times and the Worst of Times by John Fiorillo
- Crazy Bob by Barbara Iuviene
- Cars by Carolyn Kirsch
- People Need People by Michele Steckler
- Something to Cry About by Holly Kritsch
- Menu Cards and Green Gravy by Sarah McWilliams
Many thanks to the team of reader-curators and prep volunteers: Lynda Araoz, Cindy Atkins, David Cudaback, Allan Davidson, Barbara Deisroth, Vivian Drohan, Carol Essert, John Fiorillo, Kelly Kynion, Sara McWilliams, Maryann Wong, and one reader who chooses to be anonymous.
Note: The community writing which appears here is for literary purposes. Views expressed are personal, belong solely to the authors and do not represent the views of the Academy, board members, membership or staff. Works were submitted anonymously to our volunteer judges, and appear here with permission of the authors, who received no compensation.