Saturday, July 9, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Help us celebrate the 175th anniversary of our historic home and the 50th anniversary of the Academy as an arts center. Free entertainment for all!
For Kids: 10:00am-Noon on the Village Green
- Balloon artists
- Mortal Beasts and Deities Stilt Dancers will roam the Green
- 10:30-11:00am: Columbia County Youth Theater will perform
- 11:30-Noon: Tom Hooker Hanford: Fiddle Dee Dee, Children’s Folk Songs of Old New York and New England.
At the Academy: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Building open for tours
- Members’ Show in Gallery
- Keeping Our History Alive: Academy history on video loop
- Special Commemorative items for sale: t-shirts, photo book: A Look Back at Spencertown and the Academy
- Were you a student at the Academy? Come and share your memories with our videographer who will be recording former students in 10 minute sessions from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the kitchen. Reserve your time slot at the back door. 1:00pm: Line up on the front steps for a group photo of former students
At the Austerlitz History Center: 9:00am-2:00pm
- Opening of new exhibit on “Pop” Sweet, the Famed Fiddler of Fog Hill (and Bobby Sweet’s great-grandfather). Learn more about George R. “Pop” Sweet.
At the Town Park: Food Vendors 11:30am-2:30pm
- Mama Lo’s BBQ, Mexican Food from Nelva, Mr. Ding-A-Ling
At the Ballfield
Please bring blankets and chairs
- 1:00-1:30pm: Tom Hooker Hanford: Fiddle Dee Dee, Children’s Folk Songs of Old New York and New England.
- 2:00-4:00pm: The Bobby Sweet Band
We’re grateful to our sponsors’ generous support of this Anniversary Celebration.
Payments to performers are made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature.