Show Dates: July 10- August 8, 2021
Deadline for Entries: Friday, June 18, 2021
This annual show is our thank-you to all our members. It is a privilege for us to showcase your art in the Academy’s gallery and, this year, also on our website. We do not feel that an artist’s reception is safe at this time in our enclosed space, but we look forward to welcoming visitors, in person, to the gallery, with CDC protocols in place. If you are unsure whether your membership is current, please contact us.
These are the guidelines…
Entries and Specifications
- One piece may be submitted in any media. Work should not exceed a total more than 36” in height or width, including mat and frame, if framed in traditional manner. If non-traditional, 36” total in both directions still applies.
- Preferably this will be new work done within the last 3 years.
- Freestanding or 3-dimensional work must be able to be exhibited on pedestals in the following sizes: 16” x 16”, 23” x 23”, 16” x 36”, or directly on the floor.
- Work must not have been previously exhibited at the Academy.
If your work requires more space or needs non-traditional display, please request approval from the Curatorial Committee. Requests can be made by e-mail: [email protected].
- All entries must be submitted by email in a Word document (.doc or .docx) and image in jpeg format only. No PDF or HTML formats, please.
- In the Word document include Artist Name, Phone number, Mailing address, Email address.
- Each jpeg image file should be titled in the following way:
- Artist Name-Title-Medium-Framed Size-Price.
- For example: JaneDoe-WinterScene-watercolor-22×26-$425
- * Note: Please note height, then width (for example: 22×18 for portrait format).
- Attach all images as a high-quality jpeg: minimum of 300 dpi. Since this image will be used for the online exhibit, please make sure to send the best quality photo you can.
- Please provide a short bio and/or artist statement to be included in the Gallery Book.
- A confirmation email will be sent once your entry is received.
[email protected]. Write ”Member Submission“ in the subject line.
Appropriate secure hardware must be attached to all hanging artwork for installation. Use only professional picture hanging wire affixed with screw eyes; no tape, no claw hangers, no fishing line, no string. Gallery staff cannot do this for you.
Pricing & Commission
Although there are no price restrictions, experience has shown that work priced at $500 or less has the greatest chance of selling. The Academy retains a 35% commission. If you wish to submit work that is Not for Sale (NFS), it will be happily accepted for this Members’ Show.
Important 2021 Dates
- June 18, 2021: Deadline for Submissions, by e-mail: Title, medium, framed size, price, photograph of work, Artist’s Statement and/or Bio
- Drop off artwork at the Academy: Sunday, June 27: 9-10:30am & Monday, June 28, 9-10:30am
- Pick up artwork: Sunday, August 8: 5-6pm & Monday, August 9: 10am-11am
- Socially distanced protocols will be in place for drop offs and pick ups. We will be in touch with further details if necessary.
Please address questions to: [email protected].