Fifth Annual Members’ Art Show
Show Dates: April 25-May 17, 2020
Deadline for Entries: March 16, 2020
This is not a juried show. It’s our thank-you to members and your chance to show the world what you can do.
So, some guidelines…
Entries & Specifications:
- Up to 2 pieces may be submitted in any media. Work(s) when combined (1or 2 pieces), must notexceed a total more than 36” in height or width, including mat and frame, if framed in traditional manner. If non-traditional, 36” total in both directions still applies.
- Preferably this will be new work done within the last 3 years.
- Freestanding or 3-dimensional work must be able to be exhibited on pedestals in the following sizes: 16” x 16”, 23” x 23”, 16” x 36”, or directly on the floor.
- Work must not have been previously exhibited at the Academy.
- All entries must be submitted by email in a Word document (.doc or .docx) and image(s) in jpeg formatonly. No PDF or HTML formats, please.
- In the Word document include Artist Name, Phone number, Mailing address, Email address.
- Each jpeg image file should be titled in the following way:
- Artist Name-Title-Medium-Framed Size-Price. Attach all images as a high quality JPEG (mimimum of 300 dpi)
- For example: JaneDoe-WinterScene-watercolor-22×26-$425
- Note: Please note height, then width (for example: 22×18 for portrait format).
- Please provide a short bio and/or artists statement to be included in the Gallery Book.
- A confirmation email will be sent once your entry is received.
Appropriate secure hardware must be attached to all hanging artwork for installation. Use only professional picture hanging wire affixed with screw eyes; no tape, no claw hangers, no fishing line, no string. Gallery staff cannot do this for you.
Pricing & Commission
Although there are no price restrictions, experience has shown that work priced at $500 or less has the greatest chance of selling. The Academy retains a 35% commission. If you wish to submit work that is Not for Sale (NFS), it will be happily accepted for this Members’ Show.
Important 2020 Dates
- March 16, 2020: Deadline for submissions, by e-mail:
Title, medium, framed size, price, photograph of work, Artist’s Statement and/or Bio
- Sunday, April 19 and Monday, April 20, 10:00am-Noon: Drop off artwork
- Saturday, April 25, 4:00-6:00pm: Opening Reception
- Sunday May 17: 5:00-6:00pm and Monday, May 18, 10:00am-Noon: Pick up artwork