Show Dates: July 9-August 7, 2022
Deadline for Entries: Saturday, June 18, 2022
This annual show is a thank-you to all of our members. It is a privilege for us to showcase your art in the Academy’s gallery. This is not a juried show and there is no submission fee.
Entries & Specifications
- One piece may be submitted in any media. Work should not exceed a total more than 36” in height or width, including mat and frame, if framed in traditional manner. If non-traditional, 36” total in both directions still applies.
- Preferably this will be new work done within the last 3 years.
- Freestanding or 3-dimensional work must be able to be exhibited on pedestals in the following sizes: 16” x 16”, 23” x 23”, 16” x 36”, or directly on the floor.
- Work must not have been previously exhibited at the Academy.
Important: If your work requires more space or needs non-traditional display, please request approval from the Curatorial Committee. Requests can be made by e-mail: [email protected]
We are using the platform onlinejuriedshows.com for submissions in this year Members’ Show. As mentioned above, this is not a juried show, there is no submission fee, all submissions by current Academy members will be accepted. We are giving this a try to hopefully simplify the submission process on our end.
If you have any difficulty navigating this system, the very knowledgeable folks at onlinejuriedshows.com are happy to help! Call them at 888-666-1351 or email [email protected].
- Once we have received your submission, we will email a contract for you to sign and return.
- Please provide a short bio and/or artist statement to be included in the Gallery Book, by email, to [email protected] no later than June 18th.
Appropriate secure hardware must be attached to all hanging artwork for installation. Use only professional picture hanging wire affixed with screw eyes; no tape, no claw hangers, no fishing line, no string. Gallery staff cannot do this for you.
Pricing & Commission
Although there are no price restrictions, experience has shown that work priced at $500 or less has the greatest chance of selling. The Academy retains a 35% commission. If you wish to submit work that is Not for Sale (NFS), it will be happily accepted for this Members’ Show.
Important 2022 Dates
- Saturday, June 18: Deadline for Submissions
- Monday, June 27, 9:00-10:30am and Tuesday, June 28, 10:00-11:30am: Drop off artwork at the Academy
- Sunday, July 10, 3:00-5:00pm: Artists’ Reception
- Sunday, August 7, 5:00-6:00pm and Monday, August 8, 10:00-11:00am: Pick up artwork
Please address questions to: [email protected]