- This event has passed.
Festival of Books
Friday, September 2 - Monday, September 5
Labor Day Weekend – September 2-5
Donations accepted July 25-August 21
Waiting to donate books or buy more?
Listen to author talks in the tent?
The doors will open again at the Academy for the beloved extravaganza of all things literary.
The Festival of Books opens Friday with a Book Sale Preview for members, and continues Saturday through Monday with a giant book sale, author readings and children’s activities open to all. Details to follow.
- The 24/7 donation bin will be in the Academy’s rear parking lot July 25-August 21.
- Volunteers will accept donations on Saturdays and Sundays only, from 11:00am to 2:00pm, on July 30-31, August 6-7, August 13-14 and August 20-21.
- Please bring books in boxes and bags.
- Gently used hard- and soft-cover books are welcome, as well as DVDs, CDs and vinyl LPs.
- PLEASE: No textbooks, how-to books, encyclopedias, magazines, pre-2020 travel guides, uncorrected proofs or galleys, library books or VHS tapes.