Empty your bookshelves so we can fill ours.
Please note that the book donation period has ended. If you still have books that you would like to donate, set them aside until next year’s Festival of Books donation period begins again.
The Academy’s 14th annual Festival of Books, held over Labor Day weekend, accepted book donations Saturday, July 6 – Sunday, August 11, 2019. Books were dropped off in our bin behind the Academy building in boxes and bags. On Saturdays and Sundays during the donation period, an attendant was on hand to receive books between 11:00am and 2:00pm.
- Books in good shape – hardcover and soft, all subjects.
- Media – LPs, CDs, DVDs
- Special Books – e.g. rare, first editions or autographed books
- If you are donating higher-value items, such as autographed or rare books, keep them separate and consider protecting them. Labeling those with post-it notes also helps.
WE DID NOT ACCEPT
- Soiled, mildewed or yellowed books, or those with cracked spines
- Highlighted or marked-up passages
- Paperbacks (“pocket books”, e.g. bodice-rippers and pulp fiction)
- Pre-2018 travel guides
- Uncorrected proofs or galleys
- Library books
- VHS tapes and audio cassettes
In our sorting process, volunteers scrutinize every book that enters the building, so please make their job easier (and keep our dumpster volume down) by eliminating books from your donation that we will not be able to sell.
Book Bin Collection
24/7, July 6 through August 11, 2019 at 3:00pm
Attended Book Collection
Saturdays and Sundays, July 6 through August 11, 2019 from 11:00am-2:00pm