Empty your bookshelves so we can fill ours.
The Academy’s 14th annual Festival of Books, held over Labor Day weekend, will start accepting book donations on July 5. Books can be dropped off any time in our bin behind the Academy building. Please deposit in boxes or bags. Beginning July 6, each Saturday and Sunday, an attendant will be on hand to receive your books between 11:00 and 2:00 p.m.
- Books in good shape – hardcover and soft, all subjects.
- Media – LPs, CDs, DVDs
- Special Books – e.g. rare, first editions or autographed books
- If you are donating higher-value items, such as autographed or rare books, keep them separate and consider protecting them. Labeling those with post-it notes also helps.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT
- Soiled, mildewed or yellowed books, or those with cracked spines
- Highlighted or marked-up passages
- Paperbacks (“pocket books”, e.g. bodice-rippers and pulp fiction)
- Magazines Pre-2018 travel guides
- Uncorrected proofs or galleys
- Library books
- VHS tapes and audio cassettes
In our sorting process, volunteers scrutinize every book that enters the building, so please make their job easier (and keep our dumpster volume down) by eliminating books from your donation that we will not be able to sell.
Book Bin Collection
24/7, July 5 through August 11
Attended Book Collection
Saturdays and Sundays, July 6 through August 11, 11:00am-2:00pm